[haiku] Re: Ideas for a marketing push!

  • From: Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:20:10 +0100

> If 10 people in 10 different countries would pay 100 euro (=1000 euro) a
> batch of USB sticks can be purchased. they will become the distributeur of
> their country. (I'm one).

Too late! You can buy your USB-sticks from me :P

I don't think HAIKU is waiting for distributors / resellers.
Like the spamming lady (I received an invitation to join gmail from
her) earlier, should HAIKU become involved into commercial bounds,
which HAIKU Inc is protecting HAIKU from afaik, there would be similar
reaction from the developers like Joomla OpenIndiana LibreOffice have
shown earlier.

The other thing is should we have a marketing action for a Beta
release or is this a warming up (learning proces) for the real R1
release?

Regards,

Arnold