[haiku] Re: Ideas for a marketing push!

  • From: Jerry Babione <jerry.babione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 04:50:46 +0000

On 11/10/11, Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How much are these small shop spending on windows licenses?
>
> maybe this is a licensing issue?

Brian,

You can figure that each (Bulk License) of Vista cost me $119.00 and
Windows 7 cost $169.00 (because I'm still a microsoft partner).  I
wouldn't use them at all if Haiku was ready for primne time. ( I think
we could charge a resonable stipen ).  As posted earlier I shipped 80
PC's to Disabled and Terminally Ill people last year via.
http://www.jpfolks2.com. I'll do more than that this year, God willing
and the creek don't rise. The point is I've shipped MS, Open Solaris,
and Ubunto OS's to 690 people in the past 5 years out of my tiny
organization.  That could have been using Haiku.

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.