[haiku] Ideas for Haiku wallpapers? was: [haiku-development] Ideas for Haiku wallpapers?

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:45:24 -0600

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [haiku-development] Re: Ideas for Haiku  wallpapers?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:43:16 -0600
From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:37:02 -0800 (PST), Disreali wrote:
--- On Thu, 11/10/11, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alexander von Gluck> <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can't say I'm a fan of that one. Plus tiled wallpapers seem
very 1990s, something we are trying to get away from. People
already complain Haiku looks like an OS from the 90s without
having tiled wallpapers.

+1

I agree as well.. it was just an example :)

I'm becoming less and less a fan of the whole voting/design
by committee thing, though for choosing from pre-selected
choices it might not be too bad.

+1

I think if we give pre-selected choices we could get some common
ground. Kind of a 'here is what you can choose, choose one'.

Here are some that I have found on deviantart.com that I think would
work well.  Many of these are already licensed under the Creative
Commons License.  I expect that the all creators would be happy that
we would consider including their wallpapers in a release.  We just
have to ask.  We could also ask if they are willing to make different
sizes of the wallpapers.

http://cyric80.deviantart.com/art/Think-correctly-Haiku-158987342

I like this one, we could crop the image and set the background color
to match saving space in the image :)

Community submissions are of course *completely* welcome :D

 -- Alex