[haiku] Re: Icon proposal

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 07:31:26 -0700

Howdy,

Stephan Assmus wrote on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:09:29 +0100
> On 2010-03-22 at 09:32:58 [+0100], Michele Frau <zumikkebe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm very glad to read so many appreciatons, thanks to everyone; but,
> > ehm, hasn't nobody any hint about the hvif translator? I got the
> > sources but the jam won't compile! How can I edit the jam file to get
> > the binary?
>
> Building it worked just fine here. I cd'ed into the
> src/add-ons/translators/hvif folder, typed jam and produced the attached
> binary (GCC4) without any problems. But actually it's supposed to be part of
> the image, I thought someone added it, but it appears not. Maybe we should
> just add it?

+1 for including a HVIF translator by default.

> > And I was about to forget about toolbar icons; there are any
> > guidelines about them?
>
> There are no separate guidelines yet. I've been trying to procude 3D toolbar
> icons so far, but from feedback, it looks people like the flat toolbar icons
> better, and they do seem to be more flexible to handle.

The 3Dish icons on the desktop look really nice, but for some reason they look
out of place when used on a toolbar, as if they don't belong; can't explain the
reason, that the perception that I have.

Cheers,

Jorge / aka Koki