[openbeos] Re: Icon contest page "desktop"

  • From: Petter Holt Juliussen <post@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:02:58 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Hi,

would it be possible to make a desktop like page for every icon set?
I think that would help imagine how a desktop with a particular set would look like.

You could just use an existing (but cleaned) image as a background and have some of the icons visible, most on the desktop, but maybe also some in a window (ie. the disk, home, and trash icons where they belong, etc.).
The deskbar should be visible in the upper right corner, and the Haiku logo somewhere at the bottom (either at lower left to "frame" the desktop, or at the golden section as done by older app_server versions (before Tracker ran)).

Is that too much to ask until tomorrow or shortly afterwards? :-)

Bye,
   Axel.

I did one for the Tango set a while back: http://iconcontest.bug-nordic.org/tango_example.png
Maybe it could be possible to create a system that would generate a such image out of the
provided images automaticly. I can try to put some code together and see if I'm able to do
something satisfactory.

Petter