[openbeos] Re: Icon Contest Results Math

  • From: Petter Holt Juliussen <post@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:13:16 +0200

Curtis Wanner wrote:

Meanwhile wrote:

Example:
Voter A votes a 0 to 4 value on just one statement (let's say he votes 3)
and doesn't care about the rest of the >statements. Average would then be 3.

No, they should be rating all the statements to "Rate the Set" NOT "Rate a
single characteristic".
Well, thats not possible. If you vote for one of the statements and discards the other ones, you automatically
vote 0 on them. What I'm talking about is the ability to not vote on all sets. You can vote on set 1, 5, and 10,
and then choose to not vote at all on the other sets. This way I won't get a new entry in the database for these
sets, and therefor I wondered if we should count them as 0 instead of blank.

Counting the total vote, and forget the average is probably better though.

Petter