[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:48:03 +0200 CEST

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> would allow to store a complete separate icon for the smaller sizes.
> I was
> not sure which route I should take implementation-wise. Since this
> could be
> solved either with the existing Level of Detail filter, or with the
> yet not
> so useful "Rounding" option. In any case, I just wanted to let you
> know.
> Maybe we should at least render the other sets at target resolution,
> instead of providing scaled down bitmaps, just to be fair. :-)

I think mostly the document types of your icons look almost disabled in
the 16x16 pixel size, at least compared to some of the others (when
they are alone, it's not that bad).
Maybe you could define the path width differently, or have a weight for
paths so that they don't reduce so much in smaller renderings. Dunno -
using the Level Of Detail filter should work, too, of course.

Bye,
   Axel.