[openbeos] Re: IDE Questions?

  • From: "Andrea Bernardi" <andrea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:31:10 +0200

2007/6/18, Andrew McCall <andrew.mccall@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Folks,

Has anyone done any work or has there been any discussions on
replacing BeIDE yet?

Over the weekend I have been looking at Scintilla, and if we (by we, I
mean I have looked and its way too complicated for me to port alone!)
could get that working under BeOS / Haiku, this would make a great
start to the editing component of and IDE.

The way I see HaikuIDE working would be:

Code Editor (using Scintilla)
Project Manager (producing Jam files?)
Resource Editor - this wouldn't be a drag and drop GUI application
like Borland Builder provides, more like ResEdit on MacOS.

a small project already exists, but the original developer has quit ages ago.

http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/jammin/

The project has an MIT licence, and even if it's a Beta we consider it a start

Andrea B.