[openbeos] Re: I2O

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:26:05 +0200 (MEST)

Dunno,
maybe it's an attempt by intel to recycle I2O which was a real flop it seems.
The idea was to have some kind of 'virtual machine' (ok, an interpreter,
that's less hipe but it's the same really :)), that can execute some
sinple IO instructions, and an I2O driver would have some procedures
like "transfert a byte to the device", "... from ...", ...
expressed in this language.
A bit like Embedded Forth in OpenFirmware, but it would be in the OS instead.
That's what I understood it was.