[haiku] Re: How to participate in localization of Haiku

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:39:57 +0200

Le Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:36:16 +0200, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

"Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-- PulkoMandy, on Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:49:08 +0200:
> Le Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:28:58 +0200, Humdinger <
> humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> a écrit:
> I think you can start work on the user guide. First problem is some
> parts
> of Haiku still aren't using the layout kit, making them uneasy to
> localize. As you translate the guides, maybe you can think of
> translations
> for the apps themselves, too. The userguide features full sentances
> and
> that helps finding the better name for a particular button, for
> example.

OK. Maybe we can ask our translators if they'd like to do some work
on
the locale strings in parallel. Though, in comparison to our elegant
web tool, fraking about with mere strings is bit low-tech. :) :)

Hey, what are you guys waiting for? write a web editor for it! :P

Regards,
Alex

Actually, I wonder if the editor used for the userguide could work for the catkeys. The only constraint I can think of is the need to keep the tabs and space without any change, and perhaps the utf8 encoding.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx