[haiku] Re: How to participate in localization of Haiku

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:49:08 +0200

Le Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:28:58 +0200, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

Hi (Adrien)!

I recently posted on the doc mailing list that we're looking for
translators for the user guide, because Vincent is just about ready
with his online tool.

Now, seeing how locale strings are popping into the repo left and right
and Dmitry's comment, do you think it would be wiser to wait with the
user guide translation or will the complete localization of Haiku take
a long time and it'd make more sense to come back to translated pages
in the future to exchange screenshots and some strings here and there?
After all, the bulk of the work is to get all this text around the
localized strings translated...

Regards,
Humdinger

I think you can start work on the user guide. First problem is some parts of Haiku still aren't using the layout kit, making them uneasy to localize. As you translate the guides, maybe you can think of translations for the apps themselves, too. The userguide features full sentances and that helps finding the better name for a particular button, for example.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx