[haiku] How to participate in localization of Haiku

  • From: Dmitry Belyaev <d.belyaev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:08:19 +0400

Hi all,

A few days ago I downloaded and tested Haiku, and I must say that I
was so impressed with this OS, that I understood that I wanted to
participate in this project. :)

I'm a professional translator, and I'm working in IT and software. I
have experience in proofreading and have also worked as project
manager, so I hoped that I could be of any help. :)

The problem is, I have never took part in open source projects, and I
have no idea what to start with. Could anyone give me some hints?

And also, I was thinking of starting translating the User Guide and
BeBook, but I know that generally there's no use of such work before
the OS localization is completed. So can you please tell me where to
find information regarding localization of Haiku?

Many thanks in advance,
Dmitry.