[openbeos] Re: How to open Calendar from Deskbar?

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 19:21:49 +0200

Am 04.09.2008 um 00:48 schrieb Nigel Malthus:

Am 01.09.2008 um 21:05 schrieb Stefano Ceccherini:

2008/9/1 Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>:

Am 01.09.2008 um 07:39 schrieb Michael Pfeiffer:

Hi!

Pressing the mouse button over the date/time in the Deskbar
allows
to open
a calendar showing the the current month. I think the way how the
calendar
is opened is uncommon and should be changed. I propose to add a
menu item
"Show Calendar ..." to the pop up menu instead for that purpose.

Obviously nobody seems to care, in r27269 I have added the menu
item.
Anybody feel free to remove the old behaviour.

Sorry I haven't replied, but I do care :)
+ 1 for this change.

Fine :) I probably should not post if in a bad mood.

- Michael

I care!  I care!

I like the calendar, and the menu item you added.

But I wonder what plans you or anyone else may have to increase its
usefullness.

ATM I don't have any further plans.

I like Michael Lotz's Remember scheduler app on Bebits and would like
to see it included in Haiku, extended with recurrence and the ability
to launch applications and scripts. (As I have suggested in the
comments on Bebits.)

It would fit well to Mail and People files, so IMO it would be a good addition to Haiku. However it is not on me to decide that and of course Michael Lotz has to give his OK first.

- Michael