[openbeos] Re: How to open Calendar from Deskbar?

  • From: "Nigel Malthus" <malthi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:48:16 +1200 NZST

> Am 01.09.2008 um 21:05 schrieb Stefano Ceccherini:

> >> Obviously nobody seems to care, in r27269 I have added the menu
> > > item.
> >> Anybody feel free to remove the old behaviour.
> >
> > Sorry I haven't replied, but I do care :)
> > + 1 for this change.
>

> Fine :) I probably should not post if in a bad mood.
>
> - Michael

I care!  I care!

I like the calendar, and the menu item you added.
But I wonder what plans you or anyone else may have to increase its
usefullness.

I like Michael Lotz's Remember scheduler app on Bebits and would like
to see it included in Haiku, extended with recurrence and the ability
to launch applications and scripts. (As I have suggested in the
comments on Bebits.)

So what I'd like to see is the calendar as entry point to the scheduler
- say, left-click on a date to open a folder showing the Remember
events scheduled to run on that day, and right-click to open a gui
frontend to create new events. I know Michael Lotz says in Bebits that
he doesn't think Remember needs a gui but I disagree; it's good to be
able to edit the details of an event in Tracker but actually creating
them in Tracker is a bit fiddly. Just like People and Person files,
really.

FWIW, I have tried fiddling with the Remember sources myself but I'm a
complete bunny with C++. I got as far as making a version with the
trivial addition of being able to launch an application via its App
Signature, but I never discovered how to make it launch a script...

--
Nigel Malthus,
Christchurch, NZ.

There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to.