[haiku] Re: How to improve Haiku

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 23:47:20 +0200

On 04/26/2014 09:52 PM, Barrett wrote:
Patches could be in whatever format you like, but don't change the sense
of the discussion (if any), the process of applying a patch is the same
as cvs.

Unlike simple diffs the patches produced by git format-patch actually describe commits. So there is a significant difference. Given the git pull line suggested by Jonathan the amount of work is pretty much the same on both ends whether patches or branches are used.

    Adding a "Commit" button to our Trac -- so that patches can be
    applied directly from the browser (ideally going through an
    automatic rebuild check first) -- has been on our wish list for
    years. Unfortunately no one has implemented it yet.

Why no one proposed it as GCI project? It looks like a perfect task.

It's too big for GCI, but it has been on your GSoC list of ideas for years (Trac Plugin: "Test and Commit Patch" functionality [1]).

CU, Ingo

[1] https://www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc/2014/ideas