[haiku] Re: How to improve Haiku

  • From: Barrett <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:30:51 +0200

> I am no longer subscribed to the ticket mailing list, so I only see new
> tickets and ticket updates when I am the owner of the component, or someone
> specifically assigns a ticket to me. I am no longer subscribed, since it
> was taken me too much time to keep up with the mails.

That's why actually something like pull requests may help out. A developer
may follow submitted patches somewhere (such as the github page as example)
and just look out when the dev feels comfortable. He can comment out and
help getting the patch improved. This way a dev can keep himself only
subscribed to it's own tasks as you like.

Certainly it would be really cool if the experience for new contributors is
> as painless as possible. But it can't be more painless than possible.

A more modern system is not impossible. It's just at your own option.