[haiku] Re: How to improve Haiku

  • From: Pawel Dziepak <pdziepak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 20:54:17 +0200

>> > Such approach, in my opinion, is much
>> > better than reviewing patches on trac, which I find very inconvenient
>> > for such purpose as it is not possible to add comments to an
>> > individual line or a part of the code.
>

> Doing everything in trac there's the risk that a ticket become forgotten but
> it's already there. Doing all in mailing list imply the risk of having it
> forgotten forever.

I think that the issue of forgetting patches is a bit exaggerated. It
is the author responsibility to keep reminding other devs that there
are patches that need review. If the author just want to post a patch
and then disappear there may be no point in merging it at all
(especially if it is not a bugfix).

Paweł