[openbeos] Re: How far from R1

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 10:55:38 -0300

On 6/3/07, Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chris Peel wrote:
  > Would you consider doing DR releases as Be did?  I guess the meaning
of
> them would be different now that BeOS/Haiku is already available but
> some form of official-but-not-for-public-use release would be nice.
> Maybe it could be only available to registered developers?

We have discussed a number of things WRT this.
First of all, as a user of DR8, DR8.2 and DR9, I would say that Be's were
more stable than we are, so far.

Secondly, any developer can build their own with little trouble. Or
download the test images that we already have up.

What advantage do you see of an "official-but-not-for-public-use"?

IMHO, I don't see any value to this. Take me for example, I am not a
developer but I like to use Haiku and test and play around with it (and
provide feedback). If it comes to a point where I can't use the latest
version of Haiku then I (and possibly other people like me) would stop using
it all together.

--
Dennis d'Entremont
IT Professional