[openbeos] Re: How do get networking started?

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:51:24 +0200

superstippi reported:
> > That's not limited to the Be rtl8139 driver, right? You're saying I could
> > simply copy my eepro100 driver to the Haiku partition and have a good
> chance
> > of it working?
>
> To answer my own question, it doesn't work. Just freezes the kernel on "ls
> /dev/net".

Freezes? Glup.
Did you (re)build your haiku image every time or there is a chance that your
devfs and network stack driver a bit out of date?

There was a known bug freezing Haiku on ls /dev/net due to recursive load of
modules while the net_stack_driver...

Or maybe eepro100 do something else. By removing net_stack_driver from your
/your_haiku_volume/beos/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin you should disable
all networking stuffs. From a [Mini]Terminal, try "rescan eepro100" to see if
it freeze again or you get a new /dev/net/eepro100/0 entry.

- Philippe