[haiku] Re: Hotmail Was: Rethinking the Haiku Distro Guidelines

  • From: Christopher Walker <sven.hakonsson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:48:01 -0700

To add a filter in GMail, simply click on Settings -> Filters -> Create a
new filter and create a filter which is applicable to emails from the
mailing list, and which will automatically archive the email and apply a
"Haiku" label. A Label is functionally the equivalent to a folder, except
that you can do more with them and a single email can have multiple labels.
(In fact, the Inbox is mostly treated as a Label its self) To edit labels,
go to Settings -> Labels

For example, I have both a Haiku label and a "purchases" label, so when I
purchased a shirt from the Haiku cafe press store, I applied both labels to
the status email.

GMail filters can also sort mail based on sender, recipient, subject, text
content, and attachments, and can also be applied to the current mail
archive. You can even do a test search to determine what effects the filter
will have.