[openbeos] Re: Hi from the PetrOS camp.

  • From: Peter Tattam <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:18:29 +1100 (EST)

Ok.  We're now being labelled as opportunistic I guess, although I was
predicting that would happen sooner or later.

Frankly, we've got our hands full just doing our own GUI and the Win32
implementation.  I certainly believe its achievable and we have wide support
across the industry if we meet the target.

I will go back to my original statement that our expression of support for the
BeOS community is that of offering a liferaft to them.  While that may be
interpreted as being opportunistic, I can assure you that it will probably make
very little difference to our projected markets.

I hope you are all aware that as long as the BeOS community languishes without
future support for the current implementation of BeOS, its user base will
slowly fade away.  As this interest wanes, so will the pool of capable
developers who would be committed to giving BeOS a comeback.

I am somewhat saddened that we have been bundled in with all the other bad
things that some companies have been renown for (lying, cheating, stealing
etc).

I could have said "good riddance" to BeOS, but instead I saw a community in
need, one that has wanted to take up the battle against the software giants but
wasn't able to, a battle that we ourselves share.

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            peter@xxxxxxxxxxx
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd