[openbeos] Re: Hi I am new and I have questions

  • From: Martin Stubenschrott <stubenschrott@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 07:56:35 +0100

>icewm. It has the exact start menu that windows has. if you run dfm on top
>of that, you can use the exact same icons that win2k has. So in linux your
>desktop can look identical to windows or even mac osx.
>
>Next question.

here it is (the next question) :-)

I don't care about Linux's look, Gnome2 looks really wonderful I think.
But my main problem is GUI speed (moving windows, opening menus, etc.)
and neither GTK+ nor Qt  (which are much worse) programs have a little
chance to compete in this fact against Windows or BeOS. Linux just feels
slow.