[openbeos] Hey guys.

  • From: "Shane" <parkerdewey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:57:27 -0500

Hey everyone. My name is Shane Parker, I'm a new volunteer to the OpenBeOS
project! I'll be doing some programming work on the media kit, or any artwork
related stuff that needs to be done. I wouldn't mind helping to design a new
user interface if that's in the works.

Anyways, i would like to know what makes a good development environment for
OpenBeOS. If Linux, which distro would be the quickest to get up and running
with development tools? Would BeOS work good enough? Let me know, and i'll get
my development stuff all set up here. :)

Also, i noticed a conversation going on about a software installer. Has anyone
seen the QNX package manager? I think it's BRILLIANT. It's incredibly easy to
install software, and the best thing is that you don't even have to look for it
on the web. :) All you have to do is select a peice of software from a server,
hit the install button and downloads all the files and installs them without
any hassle. Good stuff.

I look forward to working with you all. Seeya around. :D

-Shane