[haiku] Re: Help getting 1,000 EUR for Haiku development

  • From: Jerry Babione <jerry.babione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 12:03:19 -0600

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Humdinger,
>
> This announcement made us climb ~100-150 positions right away. I think
> it is neccessary to be very active within (and outside) the community
> in order to get the needed votes.
>
> Patrik

Patrik,

I agree. The only way to reach a goal is to get the info. to people who can
do something about the issue.  Haiku is growing! It will take some time.
64 and 128 bit boards are on the market for those willing to buy them. We
must not only keep current but get ahead of the game.  Cross compatibility
in application and binary form would help keep us a free system.  I'm old
school in that I believe that programmers have a right to make a living but
not a right to benefit via the Intellectual Property gambit.  It is hard
enough to build a piece of software without having to defend how it was
built!  I think we can stay the course and though it may take a little
longer the result will be worth the efforts.

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.