[haiku] Re: Haiku's own computer?

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:00:06 +0100 CET

Le Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:37:23 +0000, James Stafford a écrit :
> So you mean I'd have to have to include all source code with each
> machine that came pre-installed with Haiku? Or is it just late and my
> mind is playing tricks on me?

No.
The GPL gives several possibilities, one of them, the simplest, being
shipping the sources along with the product. Commercial companies are
allowed to instead put a written offer indicating where to get the
sources, as long as they make sure it will be available at least 3
years.

Still, we use some more licences in Haiku, it would need a reviewing.

François.