[openbeos] Re: Haiku-related artwork donated by Koki

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:34:19 -0400

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But since all remaining documents consist of existing artwork with a
> little text (and that screenshot, of course), I wouldn't add them if
> the attribute part of the license makes them inconvenient to use or
> alter.

I tend to agree. While it was nice of Koki to create that artwork, as
you say most of it consists of existing artwork and text from the
web-site, which could be recreated if we needed it. Also I created
that screenshot so have the copyright on that, and of course that is
easily recreated as well.

> Does someone have some insight on how the attribute part is
> going to work out in case I put the banner on a website, a t-shirt, or
> distribute flyers?

For the flyer I suppose there would need to be the attribution on the
bottom (as there is now.) For a web-site banner or t-shirt, I am not
sure.

Regards,
Ryan