[openbeos] Re: HaikuPorts

  • From: Olivier Coursière <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 01:27:52 +0200

Andreas Färber wrote:

It would be nice to have the Ruby 1.9 port documented, for instance.
Well, not a lot to say to compile it under Haiku :

- get the tools :the development package, subversion and a working version of ruby (a BeOS one) should be enough.
- get the sources
- Download the patch from the feature request : http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/403
- Apply it to the sources
- ./configure --disable-rpath prefix=/boot/home/config
- make
- make install
- enjoy it ! or fix it...

--disable-rpath was needed to fix a problem with a -Wl option. I don't have a better solution yet.

The same should still probably work with my older 1.8 patch (but i think ruby is not required) available here : http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2041. It should also correct the problem shown here (but not tested) : http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/dev-lang/ruby/1.8.7-p22/1. (there was the same problem with ruby 1.9, but i don't remember which line in configure.in or makefile.in fix it).

I don't think there is more to add on HaikuPorts until a definitive answer about the patch in the main ruby source tree.

I just read a comment about the patch in the ruby bugtracker. I will answer it right now ;-)

Olivier