[openbeos] HaikuHost.com is closing its doors

  • From: "Jonathon Freeman" <j_freeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 18:22:09 -0600

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I no longer have the resources and time to maintain
HaikuHost.com, so I'll be closing it down on December 22nd (one month from
today). I figured I'd let everyone know, as there are a few places in the
community that depend on the site (a few places on haiku-os.org come to
mind), and I want to give everyone plenty of time to do whatever they need
to do before I pull the plug.

It seems "real life" has a tendency of getting in the way of hobbies. I want
you all to know this decision was purely driven by a lack of time. I will
still continue to (eagerly) follow Haiku's progress, help test, and be a
part of the community. I just won't be hosting images anymore, at least
anytime in the foreseeable future.

That said, if there is anybody who would like to fill the void, I'd be happy
to send you the automated build scripts (converted to PHP from Philipp
Schmid's original Python work). Just let me know and they're yours.

(To all my friends in the States, I apologize for dropping this news during
Turkey Day...)

Regards,

Jonathon