[haiku] Re: HaikuBox (think BeBox)

  • From: "Brian Hague" <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:29:15 -0500

Yup, that's a future goal, i've still got some older designs for the usb
blinkenlights

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On May 18, 2010 10:26 AM, matthew.nawrocki@xxxxxxxxx
&lt;matthew.nawrocki@xxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:

Oh.. Let is not forget the CPU gauge lights on the case that fill up as CPU
load increased. Remember those two green bars on the BeBox?

Matt

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On May 18, 2010 11:19 AM, Alex von Gluck &lt;kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:

&gt; 2010/5/18 Brian Hague &lt;alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx&gt;:

&gt; thanks... feedback/critiques requested in mass.

+1, I am all for the Haiku box..  tips/requests:

  #1 Off-the-shelf hardware. Most people won't spend $800USD+ on a custom

PowerPC Haiku box (cool, but too high of cost)

  #2 Geekport!!! I am a hardware geek, and the idea of the "geek port" on

the BeBox was always neat. As I am a fan of #1, maybe some kind of

Haiku-compatible heavy-duty/fused parallel port / i2c pci card(s)?

  #3 Unique design.  Lets not do the whole Fry's plastic-fantastic

computer case.. i'd rather see (and pay a bit more) for a (very)unique,

well built/designed case.

Good luck!

 -- Alex