[openbeos] Haiku project contacting former Be app devs

  • From: "Brian Verre" <bverre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:56:06 -0600

Hello All,

Could the Haiku project start a section of its website dedicated to finding
previous Be app developers (on BeBits, etc) and appealling to them to
re-license (MIT, GPL, etc) their code?

Secondly, creating a top 50 apps that need to be reimplemented (based on prior
downloads/current interest?)

If I can resurrect my PowerMac SCSI drive BeOS partition (given the actual PC
is gone) I will be happy to release some console emu's from back in the day
('98!).

I can help with two of the three statements above...

Keep Haiku moving with GCC4.1 and other technology (ie: OpenJava) without being
bound to R5 requirements!

Brian