[haiku] Re: Haiku presence at FOSDEM 2011 : call for stands

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:23:10 +0100

Hi,

Am 02.12.2010 09:28, schrieb Niels Sascha Reedijk:
2010/11/27 Olivier Coursière<olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
As describe at the fosdem.org front page, "FOSDEM is the biggest free and
non-commercial event organized by and for the community. Its goal is to
provide Free and Open Source developers a place to meet."

The next edition will take place the 5th and 6th February 2011 in Brussels,
Belgium.

While there will be no AltOS dev room this year, it is still possible to
manage some Haiku presence there for the fourth year.

I think a stand could be even more appropriate than a conference to
demonstrate our new stack and tile feature.

As François is still quite busy, i have proposed him to handle the stand
request. The dead line is next week (2010-12-06).

We still need to ensure that enough people could come and help man the stand
before sending the request. The bare minimum is two persons (required), but
more people is better to manage haiku presence throughout conferences.

So, any volunteers ?

I will be there!

I have been wanting to go to FOSDEM this year, probably instead of going to Chemnitzer Linux Tage, but I have not yet firmly planned it.

Best regards,
-Stephan