[haiku] Re: Haiku package freedom.

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:56:35 -0700

> This looks very encouraging.
>
> Do all Haiku packages have the following layout?
>
> Line
> 1       Package:        libsdl
> 2       Version:        1.2.14
> 3       Copyright:      1997-2009 Sam Lantinga
> 4       License:        LGPL v2.1
> 5       URL:    http://www.libsdl.org/
>
> Chris.

Most do.  There might be a few that are missing one or two of the
lines.  Some might even have a Description: line but I haven't seen
that one used very often.
They all have the Package and License lines as far as I know.  In some
cases the software is Public Domain and the original authors failed to
put in any copyright dates, so in those cases I've listed the License
as public domain and left out the copyright line.  At this point we
probably have less than 300 packages available, so no where near your
10,000.
-scott