[haiku] Re: Haiku package freedom.

  • From: Chris Andrew <cjhandrew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:09:33 +0000

Scott,

Is there anyway we can get package maintainers to comply with the 5
lines, above (or at least item 4)?  'Public Domain' means many things
to may people and is not very convincing.  Haiku may find itself on
potentially difficult grounds if it is distributing software that is
not specifically licensed.

What you have at the moment is predominantly elegant, as grep'ing the
descriptions could ensure Haiku (or it's derivatives) are totally
Free/ Open (or not).  If packages are marked as 'Public Domain', they
will be considered as an unknown entity, by many.

Chris.

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/