[haiku] Haiku package freedom.

  • From: Chris Andrew <cjhandrew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:17:05 +0000

Guys,

Is it possible for Haiku packages to have a flag set which indicates whether
the package complies with the 4 FSF Freedoms? This will make things much
cleaner for Free software converts who look at Haiku in the future (like
me).

chris_debian

On 29 Oct 2009 18:13, "Matt Madia" <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 17:38, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >
Yes, I understand all thi...
Sorry, that I wasn't clear on expressing that.

> Since Haiku does not have yet a mechanism to switch languages or add >
packages at installation t...
+1

I'm envisioning some sort of build system variable, that can be
evaluated inside the alpha-* (and nightly-*) profile rule. Inside of
that evaluation statement, it would "AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages
<JOPs>", tweak settings, copy additional files, etc.

For the font they require, is its license agreeable with MIT?  If so,
I'm interested if anyone else thinks that it'd be good to include in
the source tree as opposed to an OP.

> b) as a package that can be installed after installation > > For now, and
as a way to embrace the...
For getting the JOPs hosted on Haiku-Files, I suggest JPBE.net
creating individual enhancement tickets that include:
 * a link to a single JOP
 * a summary of what the JOP does

Ideally, JPBE.net could eventually create a patch for the build time
setting mentioned in a).  Though, I'm not sure the best way to
implement it.

--mmadia