[haiku] Re: Haiku on a WebDT 366

  • From: Cameron Mac Millan <casmacmillan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:27:02 -0500

> Looks to be an AMD Geode based device, CPU should be named properly as
> I recall that was added awhile back when I got an AMD Geode up and
> running, booting off an IDE connected Compact Flash card.  Amazing to
> see Haiku running on a board with no fan or hard drive noises.

Interestingly, it shows up in Pulse as 'Unknown', though it did get the
speed (400MHz) correct.  This is still with Alpha 1, by the way.

> There was an attempt to get the Geode audio working and there's even a
> build option to include it but we never did get it actually working.
> This isn't included on the alpha, you'd have to build it and enable
> the geode audio, but it probably won't work (yet).

Cool.  Good to know.

> Check trac tickets 2132 and 2131, perhaps add the output of listdev on
> your to the tickets and perhaps try some of the suggestions listed in
> the tickets, perhaps that will spark some new developement.
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2131
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2132

Thanks - I added some stuff to them, and will probably open up a couple
of tickets to cover some of the other hardware in this thing.

> MacPorts... hmm have you checked out at HaikuPorts yet?
> http://ports.haiku-files.org/
> We could always use a few more porters ;)

Oh, awesome, *another* project ;)  Actually, I'll look into it a little
further down the road, because I think it's an awesome idea.  Yes, I'm
most definitely a ports bigot.

- Cameron.