[openbeos] Re: Haiku on a Mac?

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:52:07 +0200 CEST

> Hi,
>
> Is there any support for Haiku on an Intel Mac?
> Just got a Macmini and am wondering is it worth adding a partition
> for
> it...

We currently don't support EFI AFAIK, but maybe with Bootcamp you can
have something working.

I don't know any dev with an intel mac around so I don't think anyone
has an incentive to support them.
I know someone I could borrow one from maybe but I currently have ppc
and m68k on my list :)

Though it'd be funny to see how Haiku boots on that gas-heater-like
cased dual core duo Mac... :)

After checking it seems QEMU doesn't yet have EFI support, so it won't
help with it.

François.