[haiku] Re: Haiku on Intel Compute Stick?

  • From: Chris Hanson <cmhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:52:51 -0800

On Nov 9, 2015, at 12:52 AM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/11/2015 05:24, Chris Hanson wrote:
Is anyone running Haiku on the Intel Compute Stick?

I figure a 1.33GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU with 1-2GB of RAM and 8-32GB
of eMMC should be pretty nice for running Haiku full-time, assuming
the driver support is there.

It depends on the firmware used, and if the MMC controller is a PCI
device or a USB one.

It looks like the eMMC controller is on the PCI bus, from the look of the
device tree in the UEFI shell.

The Compute Stick also uses UEFI, and won’t boot a 32-bit or 64-bit Haiku
anyboot image off either USB or microSD. I suspect I’d have to produce a custom
image that uses a bootloader like grub or something, right?

Does anyone have hints for using an existing install of grub2 to manually boot
Haiku from an anyboot/raw/ISO image? There’s no haiku_loader any more that I
can find to tell grub2 to use.

-- Chris