[haiku] Re: Haiku on Intel Compute Stick?

  • From: Chris Hanson <cmhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 10:24:10 -0800

On Nov 9, 2015, at 12:52 AM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

On 09/11/2015 05:24, Chris Hanson wrote:
Is anyone running Haiku on the Intel Compute Stick?

I figure a 1.33GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU with 1-2GB of RAM and 8-32GB
of eMMC should be pretty nice for running Haiku full-time, assuming
the driver support is there.

It depends on the firmware used, and if the MMC controller is a PCI
device or a USB one.

Interesting, thanks. I’ve ordered one anyway so I guess we’ll see!

If Haiku doesn’t Just Work, I’d be happy to send one or two people a 1GB/8GB
Ubuntu stick if they’d like to try bringing up Haiku on it, no obligation of
course. (Actually bringing up Haiku and contributing the fixes back isn’t
something I could do myself for legal reasons, alas.)

-- Chris