[openbeos] Re: Haiku no longer booting

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:53:32 +0300

Hi Simon,

Look at this:

Stephan Assmus a écrit :

>>Hm. Can someone look into the mouse input under Haiku? :-P >>Or has this been fixed already? >> >>

Hi Stephan,

mouse input should now work with the few changes i just did.
Good luck  :)

Jérôme

Hi J=E9r=F4me,

>> mouse input should now work with the few changes i just did.
>> Good luck  :)

Yeah! I write something in the morning and when I get home at night, it has already been taking care of!! You rock! :-) I'm compiling now...

Best regards,
-Stephan

[appserver list]

Simon Taylor wrote:
"Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a nvidia card, I know Michael uses a Radeon, so that could be the issue.

Yes, this is an issue for now. [...] We'll certainly "port" the other drivers over, too, soon.

I've been watching the cia bot, so I saw that you had done this for the nVidia driver. Now I get to see MiniTerminal in all it's glory. Very nice. Be's HelloWorld sample works too of course - always nice to see though.

The input server doesn't seem to work though - I have added a "launch $SERVERS/input_server" line after the registrar, but the keyboard input doesn't show up in MiniTerminal and the mouse pointer doesn't move. It seems like there is some input server stuff happening though, because pressing control-alt-delete brings up another window (title off screen so I can't see what the window is exactly).

Anything I can do to help debug this? Or does the current state of the svn "work" like this for everyone?

btw maybe it's time to spawn a "users" list? As haiku gets to a stage where more people want to try it, this list might become flooded with messages like this. Hopefully this one is not too annoying for the devs as I have some C++ experience and am willing to dig in to try and find out what's happening if necessary :).

Thanks
Simon