[openbeos] Re: Haiku live video broadcast from Numerica #1

  • From: Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:51:14 +0000

Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote:
Hi,

As recently announced on our website, François Revol (a.k.a. mmu_man) is scheduled to give a Haiku presentation at the first Numerica Art Party on Saturday March 10h, from 7:00pm to 8:00pm (GMT+01:00), and the presentation will be broadcast live over the Internet at demoscene.tv.

Here is some information I was able to gather about watching the video feed that I thought may be useful for those interested in watching this broadcast.

It is possible to watch the video stream in Linux using the Mozilla Firefox browser. According to DTV, the requirements are:

1) Mplayer plug-in installed with codec for nsv streams

2) The Greasemonkey FF extension (http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/)

3) The FF userscript at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/4969.

You can also watch the video stream in Windows; IE will just install the ActiveX extension required to stream the video.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to watch the live broadcast in BeOS or ZETA (at least not that I know of). If anybody knows how to, please share it with the rest of us on this list. :-)

Enjoy! (and good luck François!)

Koki

Sadly, I will miss this - hopefully someone will be able to grab a copy and make it available for download?

Cheers

Chris