[haiku] Re: Haiku installation

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:46:07 +0200 CEST

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonas Sundström wrote:
> > $> open /SomeVolume/home/Desktop
> >
> > You will get a fullscreen Tracker window, where the
> > borders are offscreen. You can use the resize-knob
> > though. Not the best user experience.
> That sounds like obsessive behavior without regards to
> common sense: subjecting users to such a thing just to
> comply to spatiality borders stupidity IMHO.

See my reply to Bruno's post on how I think this can be
improved, without harming spatiality. (Making the desktop-
in-a-window recognizable as being a desktop folder, minus
Disks/volumes, and still be usable.)

As long as other volume's desktop folders are as available,
usable and understandable as any folder, there's no need
for desktop integration.

/Jonas.