[haiku] Re: Haiku installation

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:26:03 +0200 CEST

"Bruno Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What I propose is in violation of spatiality, but it
> > would be limited to the desktop folder. Other folders
> > would still be spatial.
>
> Really, this is not needed. The solution is a lot more
> simple than that:

(I just lost a long reply, so I'm cutting this short.)

I too am fan of spatiality and Tracker is actually close
already to what I want for non-boot desktop folders.

Three problems left to solve:

1. They're hidden

2. They open with tab and borders off-screen

3. They don't use the view mode of the desktop
  (I get list view mode here!)

S1. Show them.

S2. Move/resize a desktop window to fit on-screen.
   (They already have scrollbars, so it'll work fine
    and it won't affect subsequent reboots to that
    other volume, from what I can tell.)

S3. Use the right view mode.
   (And disallow view mode(s) not available to desktops,
    like list view mode currently.)

This should make other-volume's desktop windows perfectly
usable and recognizable. No/few spatial qualities lost.

I'd even be okay with showing ~/Desktop too, and having it
do a "Hide All" on all applications, to reveal the desktop,
when opening ~/Desktop from Tracker.

/Jonas.