[openbeos] Re: Haiku hdimage

  • From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 05:30:24 -0400

Philippe Houdoin wrote:

Nathan Sandver asked::

The compile problem I had earlier seemed to fix itself after "jam
clean" and then re-running makehdimage. So I tried to boot Haiku after
makehdimage finished, and now it seems to hang at the pretty logo boot
screen.

Are there any known problems with booting on multiprocessor systems? I
have a dual P-II 400 as my Haiku/BeOS play machine.

Indeed, Haiku's SMP system support is currently broken. That's a known bug. Unless you removed one of your Pentium, you can't boot Haiku ATM, AFAIK.

This bug will be fixed by R1. BeOS R5 well support SMP systems, so it's a
mandatory feature for Haiku team.

- Philippe

It boots on my SMP machine just fine. This is from a build this past weekend.

Adam