[haiku] Re: Haiku for Intel SoC, Re: Re: Haiku for Raspberry Pi?

  • From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 07:32:07 +0100

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 02:01:53 +0200
François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 05/09/2011 09:02, Gordon JC Pearce a écrit :
> > I picked up an ebox 3350MX which uses a Vortex86MX chip, and has an SD card
> > slot,
> > three USB ports, an ethernet port and a VGA port.
> > They're currently about £100 shipped, and contain a 1GHz i586-class CPU
> > (apparently they're *mostly* i686 but lack CMOVE).
>
> Please do not hijack threads by replying to unrelated posts.

Uhm, that's why I changed the subject line.  I wanted to make it clear that I
was talking about a separate but somewhat related device, with a similar set of
problems.

> > Apparently documentation about the chip is sparse, but there are drivers
> > for at least the sound and ethernet adaptors in the mainstream Linux
> kernel.
>
> You can probably try to contact the vendor to obtain the specs (good
> luck though)...

NDA to hell and back.

> > I haven't tried Haiku on it yet, but I will do and report my findings.
>
> Don't forget to put bug reports.

I will, if it works at all (and I suppose even if it doesn't).

--
Gordon JC Pearce MM0YEQ <gordonjcp@xxxxxxxx>