[haiku] Re: Haiku flier reprint

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 18:26:15 -0800

Hi Nick,

Nick wrote:
> According to the USPS flyer that I have here, everything under 70 lbs
> ships for the same flat rate. Also, according to the USPS website, the
> Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box ships to Europe for $40 when
> processed online and $42 when processed at the post office.

Jorge, confirm shipping weight with printer for 1,000 flyers when
you can.

I used USPS postage calculator and says flat rate box rate is available
for up to 20 lbs only.

You're right, price is $40 online & $42 @ post office.  Maximum weight
allowed for shipping by post office is 70 lbs but I don't see it qualifying
for $40 price ( more expensive from what I see ).  I can only comment
on what I read on USPS site not in flyer.

from website, try with 20 lbs & higher & you'll see what I mean.
http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mode=Intl_Single&CID=10137

I am basing my estimation from the Priority Mail Flat Rate shown here...

https://www.prioritymail.com/international_shipping.asp

...but will check with the local post office to make sure.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki