[openbeos] Re: Haiku distro guidelines [was: Haiku VmwareBuild Environment]

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:52:07 +0200

Am 18.04.2008 um 16:44 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:

You can add a file to a zip archive via:

        zip <archive> <fileToAdd>

To add the file without its directory path name use "-j".

Thanks for this hint.

I do see the point of the in-zip file now: I didn't know the Optional Packages were also linked from the Haiku website - in that case they should of course contain some self-describing metadata rather than just putting it somewhere accessible to the build system. Makes sense, you just didn't say so! ;-)

Andreas