[openbeos] Re: Haiku distro guidelines [was: Haiku VmwareBuild Environment]

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:29:01 +0200

Am 18.04.2008 um 00:01 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:

You are not really telling me that you consider it a difficulty to add
another file name to a "zip" command line or select another file for
ZipOMatic, are you?

I am:

If I use Tracker to create the zip archive for the DESTDIR folder, it includes the folder name in the directory structure - undesired for unzipping onto the image.

Haven't looked into the zip command yet, but I'd definitely want to keep such metadata in a safe place outside my everchanging Haiku image - Jam for me would've meant allowing to maintain it separately, on Linux.

Your diff_zip tool (that I wasn't able to get onto the image by adding it to the list of all the other bin tools) didn't seem prepared for that either from your description.

Don't let me stop you due to this, but since you're asking I do consider it unhandy. Calls for some scripting ideas, probably...

Andreas