[openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej575@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 09:20:06 -0600

Also keep in mind that imagemounter and mountimage are two different
applications, and I've had soooo much better luck with Axel's
mountimage.  Be sure to try out both.  ;)

DJ

On 5/6/07, Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2007/5/6, Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: 2007/05/06 Sun PM 01:11:11 GMT
> > To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

recommend using it. Instead mount the Haiku image under BeOS with Axel's Mount Image -
http://www.bebits.com/app/3576

> > > The image file should be on the primary BeOS disk - copy it there before
mounting if you're trying to mount it from elsewhere.

> > Oh... but since I'm using BeOS MAX live CD under QEMU (no chance to
> > get it running natively) its file system is mounted read-only :-( ...
> > what a mess!
>
> Can you not mount the MAX image as a hard disk rather than a CD? There's
nothing special about live CD versions of BeOS.

Linux's BFS driver is read-only...