[openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

  • From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 16:04:01 +0200

2007/5/6, Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2007/05/06 Sun PM 01:11:11 GMT
> To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

recommend using it. Instead mount the Haiku image under BeOS with Axel's Mount Image -
http://www.bebits.com/app/3576

> > > Ok, I was trying this way but ImageMounter says that haiku.image is
> > > not a valid image file, and mountimage just crashes... :-(
> >
> > The image file should be on the primary BeOS disk - copy it there before
mounting if you're trying to mount it from elsewhere.

> Oh... but since I'm using BeOS MAX live CD under QEMU (no chance to
> get it running natively) its file system is mounted read-only :-( ...
> what a mess!

Can you not mount the MAX image as a hard disk rather than a CD? There's
nothing special about live CD versions of BeOS.

Linux's BFS driver is read-only...