[openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

  • From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 14:41:53 +0200

2007/5/6, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
"Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem is quite strange: I downloaded an Haiku image, ran mkbfs
> under BeOS MAX/QEMU on a free partition, used the Haiku installer
> under Haiku/QEMU, and then restarted BeOS MAX on QEMU in order to
> make
> the partition bootable with makebootable.

When you copy the image using Qemu, you have to make sure that you
successfully end the session, and, if you've started Qemu with -
snapshot, that you commit your changes before exiting the session.

Yes I know, but it doesn't work the same... I also tried to add a
-serial stdio option to qemu trying to run my hard drive, but there's
no output at all :\

Stefano